Google Finance Update
- Enhanced Charts: Up to 40 years of historical data for US stocks is now available.
- Market Trends: A “top-mover” module on the Google Finance homepage now highlights the market’s top moving companies which are featured categorically by price, market cap, volume, and number of queries.
- Customizable Portfolios: You can now store multiple portfolios and upload information from other online portfolios with several customization options.
- New Design: Users can now also view currency information, sector performance for the US market, and a listing of top market movers.
- Portfolios on Personalized Homepage: If you use the Google Personalized Homepage, you can now view portfolios there.
The interesting thing about this announcement from a PR and social media perspective is that Google has taken the time to create a short video animation hosted on YouTube to explain the new features.
Lee Odden is President and Founder of
TopRank Online Marketing, specializing in organic SEO, blog
marketing and online public relations. He’s been cited as a search
marketing expert by publications including U.S. News & World Report and
The Economist and has implemented successful search marketing programs
with top BtoB companies of all sizes. Odden shares his marketing
expertise at Online Marketing Blog offering
daily news, interviews and best practices.