Eight Tips For Gathering E-mail Addresses
Use these tips for collecting customers’ and prospects’ e-mail addresses — and don’t forget to ask for permission before sending information!
1. Add an e-mail address line to your trade show lead forms.
2. Gather information online by offering white papers or other “high value” reports or information
3. Ask your sales people for e-mail addresses they have in their personal databases.
4. Ask customers for e-mail addresses at the point of sale or at repair or service centers.
5. Offer an e-newsletter.
6. Add, “May we send you information via e-mail?” to all your direct mail response forms.
7. Add an “opt-in” checkbox to your Web site. (Don’t make people “opt-out” of information they don’t need or want.)
8. Update your database by calling your customers and confirming postal and e-mail addresses.
Copyright January 2003
DH Communications, Inc.
Dianna Huff specializes in results-oriented B-to-B marketing writing.
For your free “Top Ten Marketing Writing Mistakes” list and a complimentary
subscription to Dianna’s monthly e-newsletter, “The MarCom Writer,”
go to http://www.dhcommunications.com/resources.htm.