Microsoft is talking up the importance of search to marketers looking for "smart brand connections".
In doing so, it shares a look at the top marketing buzzwords searched in the U.S. last year:
David Pann, General Manager of Microsoft Search Advertising goes on to make seven search predictions for 2016. These boil down to:
1. Search marketing will harness the majority of digital marketing spend
2. Search as critical to informed real-time business decisions
3. Search will drive marketer productivity and claim a bigger stake in the marketing mix
4. Paid Search advertising strategy will go beyond the keyword to audience and action buying
5. Mobility is the realm of personalization
6. Voice search drives new behavior and understanding for marketers
7. Using data to predict outcome
Pann elaborates on each of these (quite a bit actually) in his post, so give it a read.
Bing, as you may know, now powers AOL Search worldwide and because of this got some updates to Bing Ads. More on that here.
Images via Bing