Beat Habits That Interfere With Work Performance
We’ve all have bad habits we need to kick. But we don’t because we are comfortable in them. They are easy and changing is hard. But more times than not, changing the bad habit will actually make life easier for you in the long run. You know this. We all do.
But today is the day to kick some of these bad habits. Why? Because they are interfering with your work performance. They are creating roadblocks for you either mentally or physically, or sometimes even both. You know it and I know it.
So let’s kick these bad habits. John Maxwell, in The Winning Attitude, tells us how:
- List your bad habits.
- What was the original cause?
- What are the supporting causes?
- Determine a positive habit to replace the bad one.
- Think about the good habit, it’s benefits and results.
- Take action to develop the habit.
- Daily act upon this habit for reinforcement.
- Reward yourself by noting one of the benefits from your good habit.
Nice list, huh? Problem is, just reading it won’t help. You actually have to follow each step, starting with the first one. In fact, if you skip that one you may as well skip them all and keep on doing the bad habit you’re doing. So what are you waiting for? Write them down and turn your bad habits into good habits. Your wife / husband / kids / brothers / sisters / mothers / fathers / employers / employees will be glad you did!