5 Year Double-Digit Growth Ahead for Online Advertising
Among the data, you’ll find these encouraging stats…
- The IAB said in 2006, $16.8 billion was spent on online advertising.
- Online ad spending in the U.S. rose 34% compared to last year!
- Q4 of 2006 saw the fastest ever growth in online ad spending.
- Expect U.S. online ad spending to grow at double-digit rates, for at least the next five years!
- Local online ad spending will reach $5 billion by 2012.
- Online media consumption by users averaged 20%, yet online ad spend still sits at 5%.
Porter cites growing confidence in online advertising and the increased adoption of broadband as catalysts for growth, with the issue of “Net Neutrality” being the biggest potential party-pooper.