Toshiba Launches Social Network for Employees
Toshiba announced today it is launching a social business network called eXCHANGE, aimed at connecting its sales, service, administrative and corporate employees in the U.S.
Toshiba says eXCHANGE is similar to other social networks, such as Facebook, LinkedIN or MySpace and it will offer members an online forum to share and seek information, including best sales practices, user generated information and product tips.
VP Marketing & Enterprise
Services and Solutions
"Toshiba eXCHANGE is exciting because of its user-generated content and leading-edge technology, but most importantly because of the opportunity it provides our extended Toshiba family members to easily connect and share knowledge," said Bill Melo, Vice President, Marketing & Enterprise Services and Solutions, TABS.
"It’s estimated that only 20 percent of an organization’s knowledge is actually captured in written documents, while the remaining value-rich information resides exclusively in the heads of employees. Toshiba eXCHANGE gives members the chance to easily document, share and seek that remaining 80 percent of information, therefore creating new opportunities for sales and service success."
eXCHANGE tools include:
- Detailed profiles of online eXCHANGE members that will enable users to connect directly to other Toshiba sales professionals
- Blogs that will keep members aware of ongoing product and program updates
- Video clips that will provide education and product launch information
- Content ratings, which will help indicate the value of information and content
- RSS Feeds/tags that mark key interest areas for users
- Intelligent searches that will help members locate information quickly and easily
The social networking site is currently available to select users in a Beta version. It will launch to all eligible members on September 8.