Quantcast

Toshiba Launches Social Network for Employees

Aimed at sharing information better

Get the WebProNews Newsletter:


[ Social Media]

Toshiba announced today it is launching a social business network called eXCHANGE, aimed at connecting its sales, service, administrative and corporate employees in the U.S.

Toshiba says eXCHANGE is similar to other social networks, such as Facebook, LinkedIN or MySpace and it will offer members an online forum to share and seek information, including best sales practices, user generated information and product tips.

Christian Dwyer, Senior Vice President, General Manager, MapQuest Inc.
Bill Melo
VP Marketing & Enterprise
Services and Solutions
Toshiba

"Toshiba eXCHANGE is exciting because of its user-generated content and leading-edge technology, but most importantly because of the opportunity it provides our extended Toshiba family members to easily connect and share knowledge," said Bill Melo, Vice President, Marketing & Enterprise Services and Solutions, TABS.

"It’s estimated that only 20 percent of an organization’s knowledge is actually captured in written documents, while the remaining value-rich information resides exclusively in the heads of employees. Toshiba eXCHANGE gives members the chance to easily document, share and seek that remaining 80 percent of information, therefore creating new opportunities for sales and service success."

eXCHANGE tools include:

  • Detailed profiles of online eXCHANGE members that will enable users to connect directly to other Toshiba sales professionals
  • Blogs that will keep members aware of ongoing product and program updates
  • Video clips that will provide education and product launch information
  • Content ratings, which will help indicate the value of information and content
  • RSS Feeds/tags that mark key interest areas for users
  • Intelligent searches that will help members locate information quickly and easily

The social networking site is currently available to select users in a Beta version. It will launch to all eligible members on September 8.

Toshiba Launches Social Network for Employees
Top Rated White Papers and Resources
  • http://www.bikeshopcastlehill.com.au Home Solar Power Systems

    The number of Social networking sites are increasing day by day. Hope that, sharing information via eXCHANGE will work out better

  • Join for Access to Our Exclusive Web Tools
  • Sidebar Top
  • Sidebar Middle
  • Sign Up For The Free Newsletter
  • Sidebar Bottom