Webmaster Central’s Future
- Site owners can now see their own backlinks.
- Verify an IP address is really Googlebot done but by using a reverse+forward DNS lookup.
- An option to easily remove URLs from the index. Google’s URL removal tool has been ported into the webmaster console, and it allows site owners to see and revoke their self-removals.
- Show how many people are subscribed to my website’s feeds in Google Reader: DONE, but not in the console. Google Reader now reports these numbers when fetching feeds. Feedburner will give you even more stats for free.
- Communicate with webmasters in an authenticated way: DONE. Just last week, Google added a webmaster message center provide authenticated communication with site owners. The Webmaster Central team has done of ton of other stuff in the last few months as well.
Upcoming features will be based on the list below:
- More information about penalties or other scoring issues
- Tools for detecting or reporting duplicate content
- Show links on your site that are broken
- Score the crawlability or accessibility of pages
- Tool to help move from one domain to a new domain
- Tell Google the correct country or language for a site
- Show PageRank numbers instead of none/low/medium/high
- Diagnostic wizard for common site problems
- Some type of rank checking
- Show causes of 404 errors
- A way to list supplemental result pages
- Option to "disavow" backlinks from or to a site
- Fetch a page as Googlebot to verify correct behavior
- Tell Google a parameter doesn’t matter
- More documentation and examples
- Ability to show/download all pages from a site (e.g. if your server crashed)
- Integrate "Add URL" feature.
If you have more ideas, post your suggestions at his blog.