Angelea Preston Sues Tyra Banks, CW over 'ANTM' Disqualification

Josh WolfordLife

Share this Post

The drama on America's Next Top Model is truly never-ending.

Angelea Preston, a former participant in multiple cycles of the popular show, is suing Tyra Banks and the CW network for breach of contract.

According to the LA Times, Preston claims that she was disqualified from the show due to the fact that she had worked as an escort. She's looking to snag $3 million in the suit.

Preston placed third in cycle 14 of the show, and returned for cycle 17 (dubbed "All Stars"). A while ago, we learned that Preston had originally won the crown – but had it stripped after she was disqualified. 30-year-old Lisa D'Amato was eventually chosen as the winner

Banks and the network were tight-lipped about the circumstances surrounding Preston's disqualification, but most speculated that it had something to do – at least in part – with improper disclosure. Simply put, Preston talked about the show before air, which is of course a huge no-no.

But now, according to Preston's lawsuit, that wasn't the case. From the LA Times:

...[S]he'd told producers about her year of escort work before filming but was later grilled about it by a casting director after the finale had been taped.

"After shooting was wrapped, our production team learned information from Angelea that disqualifies her from the competition," photographer and judge Nigel Barker said during the Dec. 7, 2011, finale, before Lisa D'Amato was named the winner.

We've known this lawsuit was on the horizon for a couple of months now. TMZ first reported on it in September. According to TMZ, Preston is also claiming that the models on the show were treated poorly – specifically being denied food and water for hours on end.

Josh Wolford

Josh Wolford is a writer for WebProNews. He likes beer, Japanese food, and movies that make him feel weird afterward. Mostly beer.

Follow him on Twitter: @joshgwolf

Instagram: @joshgwolf

Google+: Joshua Wolford

StumbleUpon: joshgwolf