Tumblr has just updated their iOS app to make it easier for users to share across networks, as well as also bringing a new email template and other improvements to the party.
Tumblr has finally given iOS users the ability to share posts via Facebook and Twitter – something that other Tumblr users have been able to do for a while now.
For those who wish to browse Tumblr outside the official app, they’ve also added Pocket and Instapaper support to the iOS app. The new app also features a new email template which lets users easily view messages in either the Tumblr app or their mail client.
Smaller updates include scrolling animated GIFs and a new photo-disposal gesture. Here’s te full list of updates:
- Share posts via Twitter, Facebook, and more
- Save stuff for later using Instapaper and Pocket
- Email an entire post with our beautiful new template
- Fling a photo up or down to close it!
- GIFs animate while you scroll*
- Following list is now alphabetized and searchable
This update comes just a couple of days after Tumblr launched their first-ever in-feed mobile ads for both iOS and Android. Users will now see as many as four ads a day from the likes of Pepsi, GE, and Warner Bros.
And they also just launched their first-ever Window Phone app.
You can grab the updated app from the App Store today..