“The Hunger Games: Songs from District 12 and Beyond” companion album went on sale last night at midnight and is quickly climbing up the iTunes and Amazon best selling lists. The album, features the likes of Arcade Fire, Neko Case, and The Decemberists mixed with the likes of Maroon 5 and Miranda Lambert, amongst others. It’s an interesting mix or artists to say the least.
Here’s The Hunger Games: Songs from District 12 and Beyond track list:
1. Arcade Fire – “Abraham’s Daughter”
2. The Secret Sisters – “Tomorrow Will Be Kinder”
3. Neko Case – “Nothing To Remember”
4. Taylor Swift featuring The Civil Wars – “Safe & Sound”
5. Kid Cudi – “The Ruler and The Killer”
6. Punch Brothers – “Dark Days”
7. The Decemberists – “One Engine”
8. The Carolina Chocolate Drops – “Daughter’s Lament”
9. The Civil Wars – “Kingdom Come”
10. Glen Hansard – “Take The Heartland”
11. Maroon 5 featuring Rozzi Crane – “Come Away To The Water”
12. Miranda Lambert featuring Pistol Annies – “Run Daddy Run”
13. Jayme Dee – “Rules”
14. Taylor Swift – “Eyes Open”
15. The Low Anthem – “Lover Is Childlike”
16. Birdy – “Just A Game”
It’s also being reported that Sting has recorded a bonus track for the album, but it won’t be available until March 27th. The 11-time Grammy-winning recording artist sings a version of the iconic “lullaby” from the film, where Katniss sings to her little sister Primrose. It should be noted that the track will only be available to those who purchased the full companion album.
“The Hunger Games: Songs from District 12 and Beyond” companion album is available now, the film hits theaters on March 23rd.
If you’re unfamiliar with “The Hunger Games” here is the films official synopsis:
Every year in the ruins of what was once North America, the evil Capitol of the nation of Panem forces each of its twelve districts to send a teenage boy and girl to compete in the Hunger Games. A twisted punishment for a past uprising and an ongoing government intimidation tactic, The Hunger Games are a nationally televised event in which “Tributes” must fight with one another until one survivor remains. Pitted against highly-trained Tributes who have prepared for these Games their entire lives, Katniss is forced to rely upon her sharp instincts as well as the mentorship of drunken former victor Haymitch Abernathy. If she’s ever to return home to District 12, Katniss must make impossible choices in the arena that weigh survival against humanity and life against love. THE HUNGER GAMES is directed by Gary Ross, and produced by Nina Jacobson’s Color Force in tandem with producer Jon Kilik. Suzanne Collins’ best-selling novel, the first in a trilogy published by Scholastic that has over 16 million copies in print in the United States alone, has developed a massive global following.