Black Friday, a ritual when ravenous consumers hoard big-box retailers to secure their deals, is right around the corner, and Best Buy is offering deals online now, and will commence in-store deals on Thanksgiving day.
The online deals are now live, and the in-store doorbusters begin on Thursday at 5 p.m., local time, and over 1,000 stores in 47 states (Maine, Massachusetts and Rhode Island have laws against this) will be open until 1 a.m. on Black Friday. The stores will reopen at 8 a.m., and close at 10 p.m.
On Monday, employees of roughly 1,400 Best Buy stores were running mock drills of how to handle the hoards of consumers that will be present on Black Friday. About ten sales associates per store are designated to plainly replenish holes in stock laid out on the sales floor, and all employees are permitted to wear their most comfortable footwear, as opposed to their normal black shoes.
Online electronics deals include:
– An LG 49″ Class LED 1080p HDTV for $399.99
– A VIZIO P-Series 65″ Class LED 2160p Smart 4K Ultra HDTV for $1499.99
– A GoPro HERO4 Black 4K Action Camera & Free $20 Best Buy Gift Card for $499.99
– A Sony 40″ Class LED 1080p 60Hz HDTV for $299.99
In-store deals will include:
– A Panasonic 50″ Class LED 1080p HDTV for $199.99
– A 15.6″ Dell Touch Screen Laptop for $299.99
– A 7″ DigiLand Quad-Core Tablet for $39.99
– A Samsung 55″ Class LED 4K Ultra HD Smart TV for $899.99
Regarding the 50″ Panasonic HDTV for $199.99, a Greenville, South Carolina man has been spotted camping outside a Best Buy store since Monday, in hopes of snagging the television. Brian McCauley, who is posted up in a lawn chair, commented, “Well, it’s a spur of the moment thing for me. I just packed a bag with some ravioli in it, some Chef Boyardee, a couple of hoodies, a jacket, that’s about it.”
Wow. I can't believe people are camping out already. Took this outside the Tanasbourne Best Buy. pic.twitter.com/RQUDbRuPsp
— Anthony Congi (@AnthonyCongi) November 26, 2014
Below is a clip of some Black Friday mayhem, as enthusiastic customers hope to achieve shopping success: