In a life or death situation, emotions such as embarrassment and pride can always be ignored.
Bathers in a Chinese bathhouse did just that this week as flames began to engulf the building where they were lounging around in their birthday suits.
According to a report from the Daily Mail, the fire began in an adjacent apartment and then spread throughout an entire block, including the bathhouse. One person is reported dead and six others were injured as the fire quickly spread.
The bathers stated that they had little time to react after smelling smoke and hearing screams. Many of them ran from the building wearing nothing, where they watched the building, along with their clothes, burn.
A spokesperson for the Yuequing city fire service told the Daily Mail that the fire began when a leaking gas pipe in an apartment kitchen ignited. The scenario is suspiciously similar to the one shown in the 1999 movie Fight Club.