KFC Settlement: Chicken Contamination Leads To $8M Payout

Salmonella led to paralyzation of 7-year old girl

Get the WebProNews Newsletter:

[ Life]

In a horrifying turn of events, a 7-year old girl ate at a Sydney, Australia Kentucky Fried Chicken with her family in 2005 and ended up paralyzed with severe brain damage.

Apparently, the chicken Twister wrap Monika Samaan ate was infected with salmonella, which caused a blood infection and brain injuries. The infection led to severe cognitive, motor, and speech impairments and the family has had to spend all of their limited resources to care for her as well as their other children.

A judge ruled last week that the fast food chain pay $8 million to the family, who say they all got sick after eating the tainted chicken and are glad the battle is finally over. The courts found KFC liable after determining that one or more employees was negligent in the preparation and handling of raw meat.

Although this incident happened several years ago, the news of the settlement has made its way around the web, and with the recent “mad cow” scare in California, many people are starting to look at their eating habits a little differently. The truth is, we take our chances every time we eat food that someone else has prepared, and it’s a terrifying notion that what you choose for lunch one day could lead to such devastating consequences.

Twitter users took to the web today to voice their opinions.

whoa, KFC ordered to pay a girl’s family $8m for food poisoning causing her brain damage… suddenly no one guns me being a vegetarian.(image) 2 hours ago via web ·  Reply ·  Retweet ·  Favorite · powered by @socialditto

this girl ate KFC and got BRAIN DAMAGE now KFC got to pay $8MILLION!! > http://t.co/bNiD7Uka #WOW …..yeh im done with KFC!!(image) 7 hours ago via web ·  Reply ·  Retweet ·  Favorite · powered by @socialditto

KFC causing brain Damage ?!? Djndjsjs I’m glad iv stopped eating Fast Food(image) 6 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone ·  Reply ·  Retweet ·  Favorite · powered by @socialditto

I’ve been telling people fast food is bad! A girl suffered brain damage in Australia from eating a twister at KFC(image) 14 minutes ago via Twitter for iPhone ·  Reply ·  Retweet ·  Favorite · powered by @socialditto

KFC Settlement: Chicken Contamination Leads To $8M Payout
Top Rated White Papers and Resources
  • Gina

    Someone’s life is priceless,$8M will definitely help the poor girl and her parents to give her a better life but her life is already shattered. She will never grow like a normal girl and will not feel the good life she’s about to get. I’m a parent too and I can absolutely feel for the girl’s parents that everyday of the girl’s life, she’s not there. They just have to accept it make the most what they can give to their precious girl. May God be with you and your family especially your precious little girl.

  • Join for Access to Our Exclusive Web Tools
  • Sign Up For The Free Newsletter