At the beginning of the month, Justin.tv launched its Android app for live streaming. Today, it has updated its iPhone app with similar functionality. iPhone 4 and 3GSs users can broadcast live video from the app over 3G or WiFi.
"We have already seen a 20% increase in daily broadcasters due to new people using Android to broadcast live," says Caleb at Justin.tv.
- Simple, one-click broadcasting interface. Just click the big red button
- Broadcast and share instantly on Facebook and Twitter.
- Chat with friends in real-time within the application, while broadcasting
- Support for iPhone 4 front-facing camera and flash
- Broadcast on 3G or WiFi with smooth video and clear audio
- Broadcasts saved to watch later automatically
- Watch any stream live on 3G or WiFi
- Push notifications when someone you follow goes live
- Browse live video with categories and filters
The iPhone version is more fully featured than the Android app, which doesn't let you watch streams. Perhaps that is next on Justin.tv's mobile app agenda.