In case you missed it, WebProNews streamed a live interview with Google's Matt Cutts from SMX West in Santa Clara. It's hard to narrow down the discussion to a singular topic, but here are some of the things touched upon in the video:
- The status of Google's Caffeine update (nothing's wrong, they're just being careful.)
- Site Speed as a ranking factor - settle down, it's not replacing relevance (and it's independent from Caffeine)
- PageRank - Google's probably not going to rename it, but people do obsess too much over it.
- PuSH - indexing much of the web in real-time
- Coming up with metrics for authority in real-time search
- Google Buzz - Why Matt Cutts likes it, but still uses Twitter as well
- Why does every product that comes out have to be the killer of an existing product?
- SEO vs. social media marketing
- NCAA Basketball and the Kentucky Wildcats
After discussing the above topics, Matt and interviewer Mike McDonald turn to Twitter for audience questions for Matt to answer.
Check out our new live video site at live.webpronews.com for coverage of SMX West, and future events (as well as whatever else we may end up broadcasting). You can also find archived videos there in case you missed any.