Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two Debut TrailerBy: Chris Gabbard - March 23, 2012
The game features some new aspects, along with some recurring points that made the original so good.
- It will be available for PS3 and XBox 360 for the first time; the first installment was for Wii exclusively.
- It will feature voice acting, something the original lacked.
- It is a musical featuring scores from Jim Dooley and Mike Himelstein.
- Since the first installment relied heavily on motion controls, the game will be compatible with the Playstation Move.
- Warren Spector returns as creative director.
Epic Mickey 2 will feature one of Disney’s very first creations, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit. See him here in 20’s black and white glory:
An original drawing from this particular cartoon was released along with other promotional material at a special event today. The drawing had previously been kept in the Disney archives, and hasn’t seen the light of day in 40 years.
The rights to Oswald were lost by Disney in a 1928 contract dispute with Universal Studios. It wasn’t until 2006 that Disney got them back.
“It’s amazing,” said Warren Spector, creative director for Epic Mickey 2. “Everybody at Disney is so proud that he’s back. I’m no different. It’s just so exciting to be a part of bringing that character back into the world and to see people respond so affectionately toward him. Now, to have Mickey and Oswald brothers united to save the world, it’s unbelievable. I feel really privileged.”
Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two’s is expected to release sometime this fall.