Dancing With the Stars’ “All-Stars” Season PremieresBy: Chad Sweely - September 28, 2012
This past Monday, ABC launched season 15 of one of America’s top-watched shows, Dancing With the Stars; however, with this season was not filled with any new celebrities, but returning champions and fan favorites to re-earn and re-defend their titles. The partnerships for this season were comprised mostly of new pairings, although, there were some old partnerships brought back together as well. I have provided the cast list below:
- Apolo Anton Ohno (partnered with Karina Smirnoff)
- Bristol Palin (partnered with Mark Ballas)
- Drew Lachey (partnered with Anna Trebunskaya)
- Emmitt Smith (partnered with Cheryl Burke)
- Gilles Marini (partnered with Peta Murgatroyd)
- Helio Castroneves (partnered with Chelsie Hightower)
- Joey Fatone (partnered with Kym Johnson)
- Kelly Monaco (partnered with Valentin “Val” Chmerkovskiy)
- Kirstey Alley (partnered with Maksim “Maks” Chmerkovskiy)
- Melissa Rycroft (partnered with Tony Dovolani)
- Pamela Anderson (partnered with Tristan MacManus)
- Sabrina Bryan (partnered with Louis Van Amstel)
- Shawn Johnson (partnered with Derek Hough)
Even though these contestants are not new to the season, a new scoring system is. The judges now have “.5″ decimal paddles, giving the ability to the score to not be a whole number, but closer to a certain whole number. This certainly took me by surprise the first time I saw a score with a .5 in it.
What do you think of the new scoring system on DWTS? Let us know in this posts’s comments section.
There were a lot of break-out routines during the course of the show; however, one of the routines that received excellent praise and was awarded was Emmitt Smith and Cheryl Burke’s cha-cha (shown below):
As the season goes, someone has to go home. For the first “All-Stars” season results show, the first celebrity dancer who was eliminated was Pamela Anderson, who received a low score of 17 the night before. Anderson’s elimination sure stirred up some mixed reaction on Twitter:
Everyone was doing so well, then comes Pamela Anderson dancing like a drunk and looking like a cheap stripper. HAHA! #DWTS
Pam Anderson needs to not take drugs before the show. Or not be drunk. Good lord. #dwts
Who else is sad Pam Anderson was eliminated from #DWTS she totally deserved to stay over Bristol who was awkward during her routine.