Oakland Yelp user Victor G. received some recognition from Yelp for posting the most reviews of 2013 with a total of 1,712 during the year. That’s a lot of reviews (about five a day).
In all, he’s written over 7,000 reviews on the site. That’s out of the 47 million reviews it hosts.
“A Yelper since December 2007 and a member of the Elite Squad six years running, Victor G. has reviewed everything from gelaterias to thrift stores,” says Yelp VP of Community Management Andrea Rubin.
Rubin actually shared the top three Yelpers of the year, which included Victor G. at number one, followed by Kim N. and Kenneth N. of Mountain View and Vancouver respectively.
The company also shared the top ten most reviewed local businesses of the year, with Bottega Louie in Los Angeles taking the top spot.
“People voiced their opinions about this LA eatery in 2,193 recommended reviews over the course of the year, boosting Bottega Louie’s overall review count to more than 7,000 while maintaining an impressive 4-star rating,” says Rubin. “Though the portobello fries are clear crowd pleasers, Bottega Louie’s famous macarons take the cake, with mentions in 1,230 reviews!”
The top ten is as follows:
1. Bottega Louie, Los Angeles, CA
2. Phil’s BBQ, San Diego, CA
3. Bi-Rite Creamery, San Francisco, CA
4. Wurstküche, Los Angeles, CA
5. Pink’s Hot Dogs, Los Angeles, CA
6. Katz’s Delicatessen, New York, NY
7. Ippudo NY, New York, NY
8. Brenda’s French Soul Food, San Francisco, CA
9. The Halal Guys, New York, NY
10. Founding Farmers, Washington, DC
Image: Victor G. (Yelp)