Sandra Bullock's stalker pleaded not guilty Thursday to charges of stalking, burglary, possession of a machine gun and other charges.
Joshua James Corbett, 39, was arrested in June 2014 after allegedly breaking into the Los Angeles home of Sandra Bullock. The terrifying 911 call from Bullock confirmed just has frightening the experience was for the actress.
Sandra Bullock heard the assailant enter her home and took shelter in a safe room, called 911 and waited for help.
Following Corbett's arrest, police found an arsenal of weapons at his California home.
At the time of Joshua James Corbett's arrest, he was found carrying photos of Sandra Bullock and a notebook containing a letter to her.
— ABC7 Eyewitness News (@ABC7) May 6, 2015
In the recently released letter, Joshua James Corbett describes Sandra Bullock as his "girl" and describes himself as her "husband."
"You are very special to me and without you in my life there is only misery," he said in the letter.
— ABS-CBN News Channel (@ANCALERTS) May 7, 2015
Joshua James Corbett, who is being held on bail and faces more than 20 years if convicted on all counts, will next appear in court at a pre-trial hearing scheduled for June 8.
Corbett's lawyer has said his client "really thought he was married" to the actress "but doesn't think that anymore."
— Sky News (@SkyNews) May 7, 2015
Labelling Joshua James Corbett as "mentally disturbed," his attorney said he had been "getting some help in jail" and had "never intended to hurt Miss Bullock."