Looks like Pirates of the Caribbean 5 has hit stormy waters yet again.
Reports say that lead Johnny Depp has walked out of the set and is flying back to the US to try and salvage his marriage to Amber Heard.
A source on the movie’s production team has said the actor is “going back to the States on the first available private charter flight he can get on.”
The 29-year-old Heard left for the US last week with their two Terriers, Pistol and Boo, in a bid to save their lives.
The two dogs were brought in Australia without going through its very strict quarantine laws, a move that didn’t sit well with the country’s Agriculture Minister.
The Sleepy Hollow actor and his wife were given 50 hours to return the dogs or the pets would be seized and euthanized.
The rhum loving captain of the Black Pearl was supposed to bring the dogs back to the US but was discouraged by producers.
But pet fiasco aside, insiders are saying that Depp’s wife of three months also left because she was barred from the set of Pirates as the couple’s fights were starting to affect the movie’s shooting schedule.
Johnny Depp says he didn’t storm off the Pirates of the Caribbean set http://t.co/kB7uxMtiP4 pic.twitter.com/aq5N55hjAD
— Daily Mail Celebrity (@DailyMailCeleb) May 21, 2015
A publicist for the Mortdecai actor has spoken out about the reports and said that none of it was true.
“I can’t go into detail on our filming schedules or the movements of individuals but I can tell you that nothing in that report has any relation to reality,” publicist Michael Singer clarified.
“Mr. Depp has been filming on schedule. It’s business as usual with all participants working,” he added.
Well, that’s certainly good news for everyone involved.
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales is already behind schedule with the unexpected hiatus it took when Depp injured his right hand.
Another break might maroon the franchise altogether.