iPhone5Parts.net claims to have gotten its hands on the glass for the iPhone 5 (or the New iPhone or whatever you want to call it).
I’m not actually able to get to iPhone5Parts.net, but ETradeSupply (not to be confused with E*TRADE) has uploaded the video to YouTube (via 9to5Mac). It shows a comparison between the iPhone 5 glass and that of the iPhone 4S.
If this is legitimate, it is taller than its predecessor at 90.25mm, at the same width, with a display area of 4.065 (also taller). It is slightly thicker at 1mm (compared to 0.9mm for the 4S).
Some other highlights from ETradeSupply:
- Transmittance: iPhone 5 is better compared with iPhone 4s
- The camera hole of iPhone 5 glass lens moves from the left side to the right middle above the receiver.
- The light sensor hole moves from the top to the left side of receiver. Also, it becomes very small.
- The diameter of home button hole of iPhone 5 glass lens is narrowed 0.3mm. That is to say the iPhone 5 home button will become smaller and the iPhone 4S home button will not fit for iPhone
- The anti-scratch ability of iPhone 5 is better than iPhone 4s
The narrator says the component comes from “reliable sources”.
The device is expected to be unveiled on September 12. All indications are that the release will be huge.