Groupon just launched a new app for iPhone and Android called Snap, which gives users cash back on certain products they buy. Basically, you go grocery shopping, then find the participating items in the app, and scan your receipts to get cash back on those items. It doesn’t even matter where you did your shopping.
According to Groupon, it works if you do your shopping at any grocery store or retailer in the United States or Canada. You can cash out once you reach a total of $20.
Among the current featured offers are:
- Any Gallon of Milk – $1.00 cash back on any milk purchase
- Any Bread – $1.00 cash back on any bread purchase over $1.00
- Barilla – $0.75 cash back on any Barilla Sauce
- Chobani – $0.50 off Chobani Flips or Chobani Oats
- Country Crock or I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter – $1 cash back on any Country Crock or I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter! spread
- PF Chang’s Frozen Meals – $1.00 cash back on any two meals, rice, or appetizers
- Hidden Valley – $1.00 cash back on any Hidden Valley Bottled Salad Dressing
- Glad – $1.00 cash back on any Glad Trash Bags
- Huggies – $3.00 cash back on Huggies diapers and $2.00 cash back on Huggies wipes, any variety
“Snap is the latest way that we’re helping people discover new brands and save money on the things they buy every day,” said Snap VP and GM Sean Smyth. “We’re using the power of smartphones to make couponing easier and more convenient while paying people to shop.”
In addition to the cash back feature, you can build your own shopping lists within the app, and add featured items along the way.
As an added bonus, Groupon is giving users $1 cash back for every user they refer who opens an account and redeems an item. Also, anyone who downloads the app, and uses it to submit a grocery receipt through November 11th can enter a sweepstakes to win a year of free groceries for an entire family at a value of 13,000.
Image via YouTube