App Indexing has become a very important thing to take into consideration and pay attention to when it comes to Google search on mobile devices and optimizing for that. This year, Google added it as a ranking signal and even expanded it as one since then. It also plays into other things such as the new Google Now on Tap feature of the latest Android release.
“Our app indexing docs have been spruced up with streamlined overview and instructions (there are no implementation changes),” it said.
The changes are as follows:
– Clearer product overview information
– Better guidance on supporting URLs to your app
– Emphasized using HTTP URLs and discouraging custom scheme URLs
– Streamlined instructions on using the App Indexing API
– Provided details about App Indexing API fields
– Updated FAQs
– Created release notes to keep partners updated of changes
Again, there is no action required on the part of the developer.
Image via Google