GoDaddy launched a cool app today called Flare, so that entrepreneurs can gain needed feedback on new business ideas from their friends, experts and other small business owners. Flare is available immediately in the Apple App Store. It will launch in June on Google Play for Android devices.
GoDaddy says that Flare empowers people to share ideas and get guidance from friends, fellow entrepreneurs, and experts in a fun and collaborative way, providing an immediate resource to receive feedback and drive new concepts or ideas forward.
Recently, GoDaddy conducted a study where 67% of their business oriented user base has come up with a concept for a business, product or service, but just 15% actually went passed the idea stage and tried to create a business.
GoDaddy stated, “The biggest barriers for not taking action: people didn’t know what to do next (30 percent) and fear/self-doubt (15 percent). Nearly 55 percent said they regret not taking the next step with an idea.”
“Everyone has ideas, but too often they don’t go anywhere,” said Rene Reinsberg, vice president of Emerging Products at GoDaddy. “We created Flare because we recognized the need for a community where people can get impartial feedback on ideas and connect with others to help them turn those ideas into something meaningful. Whether you’ve just had a fleeting thought and want to explore where you might be able to take it, or you’ve been dreaming of creating your own business your whole life, Flare is the first place to go for someone that wants to take the next step.”
– A simple, easy-to-use, elegant interface reminiscent of popular social media feeds
– Quickly give feedback by swiping left/right to dismiss or be reminded of an idea if it becomes popular
– Tap on an idea to learn more. Love an idea to follow its progress and shape its direction
– Spread ideas by easily sharing them via social media
– Explore ideas that are nearby
– Quickly poll your followers for directional feedback regarding pricing, desirability, feasibility, among other things
– See all of your followers, across all ideas, and their expertise
– Gauge interest of your followers in being future customers via pledging
– Flare represents the latest example of GoDaddy’s ongoing commitment to develop innovative technologies and products designed to empower entrepreneurs – whether they’re looking to simply get started with a new idea, get online, or grow a business.
Here’s how GoDaddy describes Flare in the iTunes store:
Flare is a social network that connects entrepreneurs to fellow entrepreneurs, potential consumers, investors and experts and creates community around new ideas.
With Flare you can:
– Be an adviser to great ideas
– Give feedback on others’ ideas
– Get feedback for yours to refine it
– Connect with fellow entrepreneurs
– Build relationships with potential customers
– Meet potential investors
– Learn from experts