As indicated by the title, this is a rumor, and therefore unconfirmed. However, RootzWiki claims to have confirmation from multiple sources that the Galaxy Nexus will “land on American soil” this Friday, December 9.”
They are showing allegedly leaked documents from “an authorized Verizon retailer” which display a 12/9 release date following a 12/6 shipping date. Other info from the document includes:
– Each store will be direct shipped a minimum of 15 phones
– You will also have product available for replenishment
– You will not receive this product through the normal receiving process using vendor receiving
– Keep all original paperworkl in your reveiving binders. Do not throw away
– We cannot sell or display the Samsung Nexus until 12/9/11.
– On 12/9, the planogram will be loaded on the intranet
Again, to be clear, we can’t confirm the legitimacy of the document, but it is certainly worth noting, especially since the date is so close.
Recently, we saw indication that Best Buy would be getting the device on December 11.
Other reports have indicated that the device will not support Google Wallet. More on that here.