Facebook has just released their top 10 list for games, and it contains some surprises as well as some expected results.
Most striking is the absence of social gaming powerhouse Zynga from the top two spots on the list. Zynga ends up taking the most spots (4) on the list, but the top two spots are held by Playdom and EA studios, respectively.
Here’s the list:
- Gardens of Time (Playdom)
- The Sims Social (EA)
- Cityville (Zynga)
- DoubleDown Casino (DoubleDown Interactive)
- Indiana Jones Adventure World (Zynga)
- Words With Friends (Zynga)
- Bingo Blitz (Buffalo Studios)
- Empires & Allies (Zynga)
- Slotomania-Slot Machines (Playtika)
- Diamond Dash (wooga)
As All Things D points out, this list looks a bit different from those frequent AppData lists that put Zynga in the top spots.
This list was compiled by looking at the top games on Facebook with more than 100,000 monthly active users and giving priority to those games with the highest user satisfaction scores. The result is a list of the games that received the most user recommendations in 2011.
The winners in the individual categories look like this:
- Top up-and-comer: Battle Pirates (Kixeye)
- Top game with 50K-100K users: Super Slot Machines (Campano, Kirby, & Campano)
- Top casino game: Zynga Poker (Zynga)
- Top sports game: TopEleven – Be a football manager (Nordeus)
- Top fashion game: Mall World (50 Cubes)
Facebook also revealed that the average Facebook gamer played more than three different games each month and they played a game over half the days that they logged on to the site.