Earlier, we told you about the new Facebook For Android update, and the Facebook Messenger for Android update (both of which come with some improvements to the messaging experience). Facebook has also pushed out an update to its iOS app. Facebook for iOS 5.0.1 includes iOS 6 and iPhone 5 support, the company notes (as if there were any question).
Here’s what’s new, as highlighted by Facebook:
- Scrolling through news feed is faster than ever
- New banner lets you tap to quickly see more stories – no need to refresh
- Photos open fast and close with one downward swipe
- Instant access to your notifications
- (5.0.1) Support for iOS 6 and iPhone 5; bug fixes
Of course, iOS 6 itself comes with a great deal of new Facebook integration (as does Mac OS X Mountain Lion).
While iOS didn’t get the Messenger update Android received today, Facebook says it’s on its way to iOS soon.
In related news, the company announced a new timed release schedule for its mobile apps.