Facebook has launched a new version of its analytics tool Facebook Insights. The new version, we’re told, includes real-time reporting capabilities for social plugins.
“The updated analytics tool helps website operators better understand what visitors are interacting with so they can optimize site content and keep people coming back for more,” a representative for Facebook tells WebProNews.
The new version of Facebook Insights comes with:
- Deeper analytics, including impressions, referral clicks and most popular pages.
- Real-time engagement: Up-to-the-minute analytics for quick optimization.
- Access to aggregate and anonymized insights into how people are interacting with content, including impressions of the Like button and Comments plugin and click metrics.
- Demographic information for interactions based on aggregate, anonymized data. For example, an e-commerce site could see which products are generating the highest levels of interaction from a specific demographic and alter future product decisions based on that data.
- These new metrics will also be available through the Graph API and can be exported at any time.
This comes at a time when a lot of website owners are looking for ways to decrease their dependence on Google (and search in general). Facebook is certainly one of the more important sources of potential traffic and engagement.