Internet auction giant eBay has just released it app for iPad version 2.0, presently available at the Apple iTunes store, allowing users to better sell, search, bid, buy, browse and pay in an interface built around the tablet.
Below is a clip of eBay VP of Mobile Steve Yankovich showing off the new app:
Key features include an updated, customizable design, ultra-high resolution item images via the iPad retina display, three ways to view search results, revisable listings, a back button, improved search and more eBay notifications. The app update also includes:
– Stunning images A better shopping experience with rich, high quality images
– Quick listings Create a listing in under a minute on your iPad
– Photo upload Effortlessly upload photos from your iPad camera or photo library
– Advanced search Target your results to listings that fit your budget and taste
– Mobile Checkout Pay for items with PayPal, eBay gift cards, coupons and earn eBay Bucks where available
– My eBay Stay on top of your bidding, buying, and selling activities from anywhere
– Customer service on the go See how your items are performing, reply to questions promptly, and provide speedy response to Best Offers
– Effortless navigation Buy and sell in My eBay without ever clicking away from your search screen-products are always in view
– Alternate viewing Shop eBay in landscape or portrait views
Interestingly, iPad trade-ins on eBay have been up ten-fold from last year, through eBay’s Instant Sale Program – though many of those who trade are just looking to upgrade to the latest model.