Update: eBay has reportedly recalled this version fo the app, following numerous complaints of connectivity issues.
eBay revealed its new logo today, but the company has also launched an update to its Android app. Here’s the new features, as listed on Google Play:
- Find cars, trucks, motorcycles as well as compatible parts and accessories with the mobile-optimized eBay Motors experience (US only, more countries coming soon)
- Improved My eBay list access
- Simplified navigation throughout the app
- View bidding history on an item
- Add up to 12 photos when listing an item with the app
- Users in Italy and Spain can now list items with the app
- Payment support for Malaysia and Singapore
The design aspects of the updated app are getting some praise. One blogger writes, “I do a lot of buying and sell off of eBay pretty frequently, and as of late, I have been using my mobile devices to do both buying and selling. It was a very nice application when it came to performance and easy access. It was a very easy application to use, but the application looked like it was designed by someone still living in the past. It really wasn’t a modern application. It was annoying on the eyes and was often pretty frustrating to use. I would love to see the application reach for a different design. Thankfully, that day is here.”
The reviews of the update on Google Play are mixed. There are a number complaints about the app not working since the update, but generally, those who haven’t had any trouble seem happy with it.
The app has an average rating of 4.5.