Buckwild Star Dies: Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Being Investigated

LifeLeave a Comment

Share this Post

Yesterday 21-year-old Shain Gandee, one of the stars of MTV's new reality show Buckwild, was found dead in Sissonville, West Virginia. His body was reported to have been found in a vehicle with the bodies of two other men, one of which was his uncle, David Gandee.

Today, new details about Gandee's death have emerged. The Charleston Daily Mail is reporting that Gandee was found in the driver's seat of a 1984 Ford Bronco, in a mud pit not far from the reality TV star's house.

The Kanawha Sheriff's Department told the Daily Mail that the vehicle was "partially submerged in deep mud" and that the muffler was completely submerged. This has led to speculation that carbon monoxide poisoning may have been the cause of the mens' deaths. A spokesperson for the sheriff's department has stated that carbon monoxide poisoning is "plausible," though the cause of death has not yet been confirmed.

Gandee's Buckwild co-stars have been expressing their condolences, disbelief, and mixed feelings about his death via Twitter:

Leave a Reply