Arby's Finger: Roast Beef With A Surprise Inside

Amanda CrumLifeLeave a Comment

Share this Post

On any day, this story would be disgusting. But coming on the heels of a story about a man finding a deep-fried insect stuck to his McDonald's hashbrowns, it's positively gag-worthy. At the very least, it's enough to make me never want to eat fast food again.

A 14-year old boy in Michigan says he was eating a roast-beef sandwich from Arby's on Friday when he bit down on something "rubbery". When he spat it out, he discovered it wasn't just a piece of beef gristle--which would have been gross enough--but rather, the tip of someone's finger.

Ryan Hart said his mom--who was also eating Arby's at the time--didn't believe him when he told her what it was.

"I was like, 'that's got to be a finger.' I was about to puke... it was just nasty," he said.

The fingertip was about an inch long, he said, and extended just beyond the first knuckle. Ryan's mother, Jamie Vail, took him to the local health department and called the police. Reps for the restaurant said an employee did lose a fingertip that day in the meat slicer but orders were sent out before anyone knew what had happened, and Ryan happened to be the unlucky recipient of one of them. When the accident was discovered, food expedition was temporarily halted so the store could be cleaned, but they never closed.

“Somebody loses a finger, and you keep sending food out the window? I can’t believe that,” Vail said. "They should have shut it down."

The family plans to bring a lawsuit against the restaurant, although no further details have been disclosed. Vail says her son has been traumatized by the incident and is worried about the safety of his health after having the finger in his mouth.

Amanda Crum
Amanda Crum is a writer and artist from Kentucky. She's a fan of Edward Gorey, Hunter S. Thompson, and horror movies. You can follow her on Google:+Amanda Crum

Leave a Reply