The man who broke into Sandra Bullock's $16 million home on June 8 is now facing new charges.
Joshua Corbett, the perpetrator, was originally charged with burglary and stalking, but after further investigation the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office has added 19 felony counts for having "an arsenal of weapons, including a half dozen machine guns."
Corbett's counts include, seven counts of possession of a machine gun, two counts of possession of an assault weapon, and ten counts of possession of a destructive device. Police said that it is not known if Corbett brought the weapons to Bullock's house, and believe that the case is more about stalking than burglary.
D.A. office spokesperson Greg Risling told Us Weekly that Sandra was home at the time of the 5:00 a.m. break-in, when Corbett jumped the chain-link fence and proceeded to enter her home. Bullock's five-year-old son Louis was with his nanny at the time, and it is not known whether or not he was home at the time of the burglary. The police were not called until 6:30 a.m., so Corbett was allegedly in the house for over an hour while Sandra slept.
Last week, Corbett, who kept a diary of Bullock's every move, pleaded not guilty to the stalking and burglarizing charges. The new charges were brought about on Wednesday, June 18. If Corbett is found guilty of the new charges, he is facing more than 12 years in prison. Prosecutors asked that Corbett's bail be set at $2 million.
Image via Wikimedia Commons