It's that time of the year again folks. The time where we look back at all the fond memories we shared in 2013. Those fond memories just happen to take the form of YouTube videos.
YouTube Rewind, the annual tradition of ranking the top 10 trending videos of the year, is back with 2013's biggest hits. There's something here for everyone, from big budget music videos and silly ads to a guy in a fox suit.
In celebration of the trends that made YouTube what it was in 2013, the world's most popular YouTubers gathered together again to celebrate said trends. You can challenge yourself to pick out all the YouTube celebrities in the video, but here's one spoiler - Ylvis doesn't make an appearance despite their song being the number one video of the year.
Now that you got the official YouTube Rewind remix stuck in your head, let's check out the top 10 trending videos of the year:
1. Ylvis - The Fox from tvnorge
2. Harlem Shake (original army edition) from Kenneth Hakonsen
3. How Animals Eat Their Food from MisterEpicMann
4. MIley Cyrus - Wrecking Ball (Chatroulette Version) from SteveKardynal
5. baby&me from EvianBabies
6. Volvo Trucks - The Epic Split feat. Van Damme from Volvo Trucks
7. YOLO (feat. Adam Levine & Kendrick Lamar) from thelonelyisland
8. Telekinetic Coffee Shop Surprise from CarrieNYC
9. The NFL: A Bad Lip Reading from BadLipReading
10. Mozart vs Skrillex Epic Rap Battles of History Season 2 from ERB
YouTube notes that Internet pop culture is no longer being influenced by what's popular in America. In fact, it's the other way around. YouTube says that over 80 percent of all YouTube views come from outside the U.S. which might explain why Americans have become such big fans of K-Pop and Norwegian comedy duos over the past few years.
Now if only YouTube could fix that new comment system, right?[Image: YouTube Spotlight/YouTube]