Google Panda Update Benefits Google Properties
We’re still looking at the latest data from SearchMetrics, which looks at the top victims and winners of Google’s UK roll-out of the Panda update. There are a lot of interesting findings.
We reported earlier about how eHow has reportedly taken a big hit. It appears that some of Google’s own properties have benefited in search visibility because of the changes.
According to the data:
– youtube.com gained 18.93% in visibility.
– google.com gained 6.14% in visibility.
– google.co.uk gained 3.99% visibility.
– blogspot.com (Blogger) gained gained 22.8% visibility.
– android.com gained 33.92% in visibility.
With that, it’s only fair to point out that some of Google’s competitors have are also on the top gainers list:
– yahoo.com increased 9.47%
– apple.com increased 15.19%
– facebook.com increased 9.14%
– dailymotion.com increasd 17.80
– wordpress.com increased 18.62
– msn.com increased 8.13%
– metacafe.com increased 6.45%
– vimeo.com increased 18.85%
– flickr.com increased 12.39%
– typepad.com increased 43.86%
– tripadvisor.co.uk increased 7.81%
– mozilla.org increased 19.44%
– windowslive.co.uk increased 29.46%
– live.com increased 6.62%
Again, keep in mind that this is based on UK search data, but I’m betting there are some parallels around the globe, particularly for the non-UK domains.
SearchMetrics provides their entire winners and losers lists for download here.