Amanda Bynes Stays Out Of Trouble, Gets Bong-Tossing Case DismissedBy: Val Powell - July 1, 2014
On Monday, Amanda Bynes’ bong-tossing case was dismissed. The judge’s ruling was based on Bynes’ compliance with counseling sessions twice a week and staying out of trouble for six months.
Last year, Bynes was charged with marijuana possession and reckless endangerment. Building managers contacted the authorities, as they said Bynes was smoking pot in the lobby of her apartment building. When the authorities arrived at her 36th-floor apartment, the actress tossed the bong out of the window in an attempt to get rid of evidence. After her arrest, she denied tossing a bong and said that she threw out a vase.
Bynes’ lawyer denied that the actress threw a bong and Bynes even took to Twitter to say that she has never owned a bong in her life.
On Monday, Bynes was not present in court, but her lawyer Gerald Shargel was there. Shargel submitted an affidavit in court that stated that Bynes has fulfilled all court requirements. “She did her counseling and it’s now all behind her,” Shargel said. The judge sealed the court records after the ruling.
Last year, Bynes made headlines for her reckless behavior. After setting fire to the driveway of a home, Bynes was subjected to a 72-hour involuntary psychiatric hold. She then entered rehab for a few months and her mother became her conservator.
Bynes was able to get back to her usual self after staying in rehab. She deleted the mean tweets on her Twitter account and started afresh with her family. In April, she tweeted a selfie with the caption, “Thank you everyone for all the birthday wishes.” The 28-year-old looked happier and healthier.
After her stay in rehab, Bynes enrolled in a fashion merchandising program. All in all, the past six month have been good for Bynes. She now seems to be turning her life around.
Image via YouTube