A Georgia woman says her 4-year old daughter found a disgusting surprise when she bit into her McDonald’s breakfast burrito recently: a nose ring of mysterious origin which was embedded in the eggs.
“I turned it and I see this piece of jewelry sticking out,” Frances Rosario said. “I’m like, ‘What the heck is this?’ My concern was that if something happened and she swallowed it.”
McDonald’s has yet to issue a statement on the incident, but they do have a “strict” policy on facial and ear piercings:
“Visible body piercing must be removed with the exception of one small earring in each ear and a small stud nose piecing,” [the Mcdonald’s guidbook] explains. Large loop earrings or gauges can be dangerous and are not allowed. All jewelry must be in good taste and professional. The manager may request removal of jewelry they feel looks unprofessional.”
This is far from the first time a nasty extra has been found in fast food; earlier this year a boy found a finger hidden inside his roast beef sandwich from Arby’s.