Meet Walter Serpit, a man who can’t resist Bud Light’s crisp, clean, refreshing taste. WTVM reported that last Thursday afternoon on 43rd St. in Columbus, Georgia, Serpit was sitting in his living room with six adults and two children when smoke began seeping in; a fire started from a malfunctioning water heater.
“I told them to get the kids out and everything, and me myself, being an alcoholic, I was trying to get my beer out,” Serpit told WTVM. “You feel me?”
Before the fire could even try to make him crispy, Serpit, who walks with a cane, went back inside the smoking house and coolly rescued several cans of Bud Light beer, seemly living by the company’s motto of “Grab a Bud”.
“I went back into the house like a dummy and the door shut on me because this back draft was about to kill me.”
Before the fire could get out of control, The Red Cross arrived along with a group of firefighters who immediately extinguished the flames. The firefighters arrived quickly because a neighbor called the department immediately and alerted them of the situation.
When users on Reddit saw the story of Serpit rescuing his beer, they automatically assumed that he may have been in Florida instead of Georgia:
This is because Florida has a notorious reputation for very strange things happening in it. In fact, in the last 24 hours of this day, the following occurred:
And apparently, as fast as the story broke, a subreddit titled “/r/georgiaman” appeared, which showcases the many wild inhabitants of the lovely southern state just above Florida.
No one was injured in the fire.
This Buds for you!