Lamar Odom Breathing On His Own, Condition Shows Drastic Improvement

Val PowellLife

Share this Post

Troubled basketballer Lamar Odom continues to fight for his life after reportedly succumbing to a drug binge that took place over the span of three days last week.

News about his health have been nothing but bleak as his doctors told the media that his condition was highly critical and that he “might not make it.”

However, things seem to be looking up for Odom as he finally got out of his coma on Friday and is said to be breathing on his own instead of a ventilator, which kept him alive for three days.

A source shared that Odom is “slowly making progress” and that “there’s a lot of praying going on” among his family and friends. Since Odom’s hospitalization, numerous celebrities come to see him at the Sunrise Hospital in Las Vegas, Nevada. However, it’s his estranged wife, reality star Khloé Kardashian, who reportedly has not left his side.

"She wants to be there so that whenever he opens his eyes, he sees her," a source told PEOPLE.

According to source from E! News, Odom was able to utter a few words ever since he regained consciousness. One of the first things he said was “Hey, baby” addressed to Khloé, and a “Good morning” and thumbs up to his doctor.

While it is good news that Odom is now off the ventilator, he is still using a non-rebreather mask, which is aiding the flow of oxygen into his brain. However, his doctors plan to reduce the amount of oxygen from the device until he is able to breathe on his own entirely.

Prior to his hospitalization, Odom was found unconscious at Dennis Hof’s Love Ranch brothel in Crystal, Nevada. He had spent three days at the establishment, “partying with the girls and just having fun,” according to Hof. Results of his blood test revealed that he had taken huge amounts of crack cocaine as well as an herbal sex supplement called Reload.

Val Powell
I'm a content writer, blogger, SEO enthusiast, visual artist, world traveler and lover of spicy foods. I also live and work in Queens, New York. FOLLOW ME on Twitter! @webnewsreporter or LIKE ME on Facebook! webnewsreporter