Last week Google changed its Google Advertising Professionals (GAP) program to the Google AdWords Certification program, and introduced a new badge for AdWords Certified Partners. Now Google is making a similar change with its Analytics Authorized Consultant program.
Partners in the program are now being called Google Analytics Certified Partners, and also have a new badge that looks very much like the one AdWords partners get. The company says it’s part of an effort to produce consistent naming and badging for all Google product partner programs.
Analytics Authorized Consultant benefits include (I assume this doen’t change outside of the naming):
- The "Google Analytics Authorized Consultant" logo and designation
- Possible client referrals from Google sales teams
- Elevated technical support for Google Analytics
- Listing on the Google Analytics Partner page
- Invitation to attend annual GAAC summit at Google offices
- Access to exclusive GAAC web forum to share ideas and technical tips with Google and other GAACs
"If you are looking for help with your Google Analytics account, look for companies that display this Google Analytics Certified Partners logo," says Eva Woo of Google’s Analytics Team. "Companies displaying this logo have met our rigorous requirements demonstrating a level of expertise, agreed to our terms and conditions, and have proven experience to work with you."
"Yes, we’ve made them jump through hoops because it’s important that we vet the best to service you," adds Woo. "We don’t take it lightly because optimizing your Google Analytics account is serious business. So, whether it’s a quick consultation, help with an implementation or tracking a campaign, or long term support or training – look for companies that display the new logo."
Google lists the its certified partners here.