Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is looking for a Community Manager/Social Media Strategist to serve as the administrator for Goldman Sachs social media communities. In addition to the management of these communities, this person would play a strategic role as initial point of contact for our relationships with representatives of the various social platforms. The Community Manager/ Social Media Strategist will be responsible for ensuring active and engaged communities around a defined topic or topics by managing long-lead editorial calendars, monitoring online conversations and participating in those conversations to build brand visibility and thought leadership. The goal is to establish a positive online presence for Goldman Sachs as well as to integrate our messaging into the online community in a compelling and valuable way for participants. In this role, the Community Manager/ Social Media Strategist will be part of our Brand Management Group.
• Passion for and experience with managing social media presences, personal or professional, and an interest in the latest trends.
• Creativity and strong interpersonal skills.
• Excellent project management and organizational skills.
• Very high attention to detail.
• Analytical skills, comfortable working with, interpreting and presenting data.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint, as well as effective presentation skills.
• In-depth knowledge and understanding of online community platforms and their respective participants (Forums, Blogs, Photo Uploads, Profiling etc.) and how they can be deployed in different scenarios.
• Background in corporate social media strategies, guidelines and implementation; familiarity with financial services industry a plus but not required.
• Confidence to take the lead within a team and work collaboratively with other teams across the organization.
• Ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and verbal format.
• Good technical understanding and ability to master unfamiliar tools quickly.
• Ability to work well under pressure.
• Editorial, Marketing, Customer Service experience a plus.
So if you’re an old white man, really into Facebook, and have the ability to make yourself or others look good in the public eye, this job is for you.