Apparently, teens couldn’t give less of a damn about Facebook these days. Every week you probably see an article about the troubling decline in Facebook use among teens. It’s Snapchat all the way these days. Facebook is for dad.
Wrong. Teens love Facebook so much that they can’t even stop themselves from Facebooking in the middle of a burglary.
CBS Miami reports that a 16-year-old Florida boy, the lesser known sidekick to the omnipresent Florida Man, was arrested and charged with burglary and theft after he went into a home, took some food items, moved a bunch of stuff around, used the family’s electronics, and left.
Authorities were able to find the kid because he left his Facebook account logged in on an iPad…
… which was “moved and charged.”
Which brings me to the fact that there are so many hilarious things about this.
- The kid charged the family’s iPad for them. That’s just plain considerate right there.
- He did look a porn on it though ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
- Reports do not indicate that the teen stole much of anything, only that he “moved things around.”
- But he did take a Pop-Tart and a soda.
- According to Local10, the victims said “they never lock their front door” and they “don’t even have a key to it.” Ok, you deserve to have your Pop-Tarts eaten. You don’t deserve to have your iPad graciously charged.
- The teen admitted to doing this more than once. We have a serial iPad charger on our hands.
This has happened before. Not the Pop-Tart part, but the logging into Facebook at the scene of the crime part. That one wasn’t as funny, as it was during an armed robbery.
Image via Kellogg’s Pop-Tarts, Facebook