Etsy announced that starting today, Etsy Wholesale will begin requiring all retail partners to agree to specific guidelines. These are as follows:
– Pay the price listed on the seller’s Etsy Wholesale line sheet for at least the first six months.
– Offer Etsy sellers quick and fair payment terms.
– Provide Etsy sellers with a personal point of contact to assist with supplier compliance, penalty avoidance and vendor set up.
– Respect the Etsy seller’s intellectual property.
– Recognize product authorship in stores and online. Whenever possible, include the name of the designer in product merchandising.
– Work with Etsy sellers to respect their values and preferences related to the production process and material selection of their products.
According to the company, Etsy now includes 11,000 retailers and over 4,500 sellers among its Etsy Wholesale community.
Etsy also announced that Macy’s is its newest retail partner, and that beginning in Spring, Macy’s in NYC will stock products from Etsy designers. Other partners include Whole Foods Market, The Land of Nod, and Lou & Grey.
Image via Etsy