Two brothers in Kansas managed to blow up their house on Friday after winning $75,000 in the lottery; officials say the brothers bought weed and meth to celebrate their win, then attempted to use butane torches to light their paraphernalia. The butane leaked out into the air and connected with the pilot light in the furnace of the home, causing an explosion.
The two men haven’t been identified, but one of them was taken to the hospital with second-degree burns on his arms, neck, and chest. He was reportedly dropped off there by his girlfriend, who left the scene and is being sought by police. The other brother was arrested on drug charges. The injured man is in serious but stable condition.
America at it’s finest. i can’t believe people like this actually exist. foxnews.com/us/2013/02/18/…
— Erica Chang (@echang2012) February 18, 2013
— Sean(@massSNAFU) February 18, 2013
They won the lottery AND the Darwin Award. fxn.ws/UxAnpK Brothers blow up house while celebrating lottery win with drugs
— V the K (@VtheK) February 18, 2013
— NYPostTV (@nypostTV) February 18, 2013