Yahoo News Gets A Redesign To Go With New HomepageBy: Chris Crum - June 27, 2013
Yahoo continues to push out redesigns of its major properties. In recent months, we’ve seen the company release new versions of its homepage, search results page and Yahoo Mail Now, it’s Yahoo News’ turn.
“Just like with the new Yahoo! homepage we announced in February, Yahoo! is continuing to personalize the user experience with the launch of a newly designed Yahoo! News,” a Yahoo spokesperson tells WebProNews. “Beginning today, users will enjoy a redesigned page that delivers a more engaging and personalized experience. The new site makes it easier and faster to discover and share the news you care about most. ”
Here’s what it looks like.
Not too different than the new homepage.
New, features, as outlined in an email from the company are as follows:
- Streamlined New Site: Redesigned site that puts the news users care about front and center, and provides a more modern, intuitive and personalized experience, consistent with the new Yahoo.com.
- Easy Navigation: Easier navigation to premium content like Yahoo! News exclusives from our editorial team and content from our partner ABC News.
- Content Stream: Our intelligent content stream is now available on the new Yahoo! News.
- Cross Screen: An improved design when users visit Yahoo! News on iOS devices, and soon on Android devices.
- Fast: Articles now load faster than before.
- Personalized: A personalized experience that gets smarter the more you use Yahoo!.
The redesign is rolling out to US users this morning.