Several flavors of Uncle Ben's Flavor Infused Rice have been recalled after students at a school in Texas became ill after eating it. According to reports, the students began to experience allergic reaction-like symptoms after eating the Mexican flavored rice product. Some of the symptoms the students experienced include rashes, welts, and flushed faces.
Although these symptoms were only caused by one flavor of the rice, Uncle Ben's decided to do a voluntary recall on all of their infused rice products. The products that have been recalled are:
- Uncle Ben’s Infused Rice Roasted Chicken Flavor (5- and 25-pound bags)
- Uncle Ben’s Infused Rice Garlic and Butter Flavor (5-pound bags)
- Uncle Ben’s Infused Rice Mexican Flavor (5- and 25-pound bags)
- Uncle Ben’s Infused Rice Pilaf (5-pound bags)
- Uncle Ben’s Infused Rice Saffron Flavor (5-pound bags)
- Uncle Ben’s Infused Rice Cheese Flavor (5-pound bags)
- Uncle Ben’s Infused Rice Spanish Flavor (25-pound bags)
The company has warned anyone who currently has these products not to cook or eat them. The products can be returned to the store where they were purchased and exchanged for a different product. Some stores may also provide refunds for the rice.
The company said that they had removed all of these products from their supply chain in hopes of preventing more people from experiencing the same symptoms as the students at the Texas school. The company released a statement saying,
“Our network of distributors, brokers, and sales associates immediately started notifying their customers and collecting the product. Therefore, we initiated the voluntary recall to ensure that anyone in possession of the product is aware that it should not be served or eaten, but returned to where it was purchased.”
Have you had a reaction to any of the Uncle Ben's Infused Rice products?
Image via YouTube.