Star Wars: Harrison Ford May Need Surgery on Ankle
According to Access Hollywood, the 71-year-old actor’s ankle injury may need a plate and screws to assure complete healing.
Ford‘s son, Ben Ford, told the publication that his dad will possibly need the surgery.
The younger Ford also said that filming of the movie could be altered slightly to accommodate the injury. This may include shooting the actor from the waist up for a short time until he recovers.
Disney/Lucasfilm released a statement following the actor’s injury last week after a hydraulic door fell on him on the set at Pinewood Studios in Buckinghamshire.
“Harrison Ford sustained an ankle injury during filming today on the set of ‘Star Wars: Episode VII,'” the statement read. “He was taken to a local hospital and is receiving care. Shooting will continue as planned while he recuperates.”
— Telegraph News (@TelegraphNews) June 16, 2014
Ford, who plays Hans Solo, was airlifted to John Radcliffe Hospital in Oxford for treatment following the accident.
— Daily Mirror (@DailyMirror) June 16, 2014
“We were called just after 5 p.m. to reports of a 71-year-old man being injured in an incident believed to involve a garage door,” said a spokesman for Thames Valley police.
Meanwhile, Ford’s wife, Calista Flockhart, rushed to her husband’s side when she learned of the accident. The Ally McBeal star confirmed that she was “en route” to see her husband.
Star Wars: Episode VII is scheduled to open worldwide on December 18, 2015.
Image via Wikimedia Commons