Sony has really been pushing out their new Music Unlimited service to the masses and it has finally gotten to the birth place of the electronics giant, Japan. The initial offering will be about 10 million songs from major labels like EMI Music Japan Inc., Sony Music Entertainment (Japan) Inc., Universal Music LLC, Warner Music Japan, as well as leading independent labels.
"We are excited to be able to deliver our music through this new 'Music Unlimited' service," said Naoki Kitagawa, CEO, Sony Music Entertainment (Japan) Inc. "Innovative technologies have changed and diversified people's lifestyles as well as the way they enjoy music. We hope that even more people can enjoy our music in novel ways through new offerings like 'Music Unlimited.'"
The price of the service will be 1,480 yen for 30 days with new users getting 30 days for free when they sign up. There are about 5 really great things about this new service.
- A variety of preset music channels Users can enjoy 57 music channels categorized by genre, era, Premium channels with various Top 100 channels, as well as mood ("Relax," "Morning," and more) based on SensMe, Sony's proprietary 12 Tone Analysis technology to evaluate music tracks. Furthermore, users can use My Channel to create artist-inspired channels to enjoy music from that artist and other similar artists.
- Personalization By studying users' 'like/dislike' song ratings, "Music Unlimited" adapts to users' music preferences to offer the most compatible and enjoyable songs from the cloud. Therefore, the more users use the service, the more opportunities they have to discover new songs and artists.
- Synchronized music experience across all devices Users can easily build their My Library and create playlists with their favorite music which can be enjoyed across all compatible devices without the need to transfer music files.
- Offline playback In addition to online streaming, users can also listen to their playlists and music channels in subways or airplanes where they cannot access the network, through offline playback on their PlayStation Vita, Android smartphones including Xperia, and Android Walkman.
- Music Sync Furthermore, by scanning and matching their existing music files on their personal computers with the "Music Unlimited" catalog through MusicSync, users' music and playlists from other media players including iTunes automatically appear in their "Music Unlimited" My Library for them to enjoy at any time across all compatible devices.