Motorola Mobility Announces DEFY+ Android Smartphone
Big news for Motorola Mobility today. They announced a new smartphone. Oh yeah, and they’ve agreed to be acquired by Google for $12.5 billion. More on that here.
The new phone, though, is the DEFY+, which runs Android 2.3 (Gingerbread). The company touts the device as water resistant, scratch resistant and dust proof. They also say it comes with faster web browsing and social networking tools.
Pictured above is the original DEFY.
Here’s the feature list as presented by Motorola Mobility:
- Powered by Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) and features more than 250,000 apps from Android Market
- 1GHz processor that runs 25 percent faster for efficient Web browsing and multitasking
- Water resistant, scratch resistant and dust proof to withstand all that life throws your way
- Features scratch resistant Corning Gorilla Glass
- 3.7-inch high-resolution touch screen display
- Music Player connects you to all your favorite artists
- MOTOBLUR lets users stay in touch with friends, providing quick access to social media accounts and live widgets directly from the home screen
- Motorola Media Link allows users to sync their media content from their desktops at home or work
- Loaded with the ability to create group emails and communication to stay in touch with friends
- Adobe Flash Player 10 for uncompromised viewing of applications, content and videos
- 5MP camera with auto focus, flash and digital zoom
- 2GB internal; *2GB microSD card in box, expandable up to 32GB
- Access to Google Apps (Google Maps™ 5.0 with Navigation, Google Talk, Browsing)
- 1700mAH battery for 7.1 hours of talk time and 16 days in standby
“Motorola DEFY+, our latest life proof smartphone, delivers the endurance and design strength to keep up with even the most demanding lifestyles, along with the social and entertainment capabilities that put friends and fun in easy reach,” said Alain Mutricy, SVP, portfolio and device product management at Motorola Mobility. “We designed Motorola DEFY+ with all the smartphone features you need for a demanding lifestyle.”
The device will be available in Asia, Europe and Latin America in the fall.
According to Google, there have been over 150 million Android devices activated.